This class voucher can be purchased for your own use (dates to be decided after purchase) or given as a gift (a gift certificate can be provided, which can be emailed to the recipient or printed).
What does the course cover?
The day will begin with a brief introduction to the equipment and safety procedures. You will then work side-by-side with the instructor as he demonstrates and explains the various bead making techniques. Some of the areas we will explore are:
- Consistently forming a good base bead
- Pulling stringer / Applying stringer decoration
- Dots, layering dots, feathering, poking, squashing, raking, twisting, etc.
- Bead shapes: Flattened beads, Bi-cone, Barrels, etc.
- Encasing your beads in glass
- Working with Gold and Silver
- Techniques for consistent recreation of bead styles
- Adding Murrine (Millefiori) to beads
- Creating Cabochons
- Making Hollow Core Glass Beads
And of course all of the beads you make are yours to keep.
Your beads will be annealed in our kiln (to ensure longevity) and will be ready for collection the next business day. Or if you’d prefer, your beads can be posted to you.
Our bead making facilities are available for hire, so you can come into the studio and practice in your own time once you are suitably experienced.
Our Bead Making Stations:
Each of our bead making stations are equipped with Nortel Minor Bench Burner torches which operate using an oxygen and propane mix. Each student is assigned their own work station and torch.
We use Italian glass rods from the Venetian island of Murano for all of our bead making and instruction.
What do I need to bring?
Nothing but yourself and a desire to learn! If you have long hair, it’s best tied back, and avoid wearing synthetic clothes or long flowing sleeves. (Short sleeves or tight fitting long sleeves are best.) All your glass, materials, tools and use of kilns, along with coffee and tea are provided.
- For cancellations made 8 weeks in advance we offer a 75% refund or one free date change
- For cancellations made 6 weeks in advance we offer a 50% refund or one free date change
- For cancellations made 4 weeks in advance we can only offer a 50% refund or one free date change
If we receive less than 4 weeks notice we are unable to offer a refund. We can, however, offer one free date change.
Course Dates & Times:
Private classes are at a time and date to suit you. You will be contacted once we receive your voucher purchase. When purchasing your voucher you will be given the opportunity to tell us your preferred course date.
If you and a friend or two would like to schedule a class together, discounted group pricing is offered. For group rates to apply all instruction must occur with all students present at the same time.